At the December press conference, we are in addition to the new ones Xiaomi smartphones have also seen a new generation of graphic superstructures with the designation MIUI 13. The Chinese brand Xiaomi has now officially launched the distribution of this update in its global version. And we already know the list of supported models.
MIUI 13 in the global version by Xiaomi
After the Chinese one, the global version also comes MIUI 13 based on the operating system version Android 12. With this update, select devices will receive a wide range of new features, including optimization improvements, charging, as well as a new control center.
In general, the thirteenth generation of software focuses mainly on bug fixes, but also on privacy and data protection of users themselves. In addition, this version brings a new Mi Sans font, new animated wallpapers and unique widgets. You can read more information about this extension in our separate article. You will find him in the following link.
As planned, Xiaomi brings MIUI 13 in a global version, first to the device Xiaomi 11 Lite 4G. Along with the superstructure, there is also a system update to the Android 12 version. As for the designation of this update, it is V184.108.40.206.SKQMIXM, it has a size of 2,9 GB and for this smartphone it is also available for download.
How do I install the update now?
The download links above refer to the so-called "Recovery ROM", which you can manually download and install on your smartphone now, without waiting for the release of a wireless OTA update offered by your phone.
The procedure is very simple, but you have to keep in mind that current updates are only available for Global Xiaomi phone models, ie those that have the MIUI version in the MIUI version - for example V220.127.116.11.SKFMIXM. If you have the European version of the phone with the EU version in the version, be sure not to install the update.
- Download the .zip file from the links attached above to the main Phones folder or to the Downloaded folder.
- On your smartphone, go to Settings -> About Phone -> click on the MIUI version and then on the three dots in the upper right corner. A menu with options will open and select "Select update package". If this option is not available, click the MIUI logo 7 to 10 times, the option should be unlocked.
- Then select the downloaded .zip file.
- Wait for the phone to install and restart.
List of supported devices
These are the devices that Xiaomi has officially announced as part of the first wave of global version updates MIUI 13. The first wave should reach users as early as the first quarter of 2022:
- Xiaomi Mi 11, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11i, Mi 11X, Mi 11X Pro, Mi 11 Lite 5G, Mi 11 Lite 4G, Xiaomi 11 Lite NE
- Xiaomi 11T, Xiaomi 11T Pro
- Redmi 10, Redmi 10 Prime, Redmi Note 10, Redmi Note 10 Pro, Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, Redmi Note 10 JE
- Redmi Note 8 (2021)
If you haven't found your device on this list, don't despair. Xiaomi gradually, over the course of this year, will also bring more waves of updates for other smartphones. At least support for models not older than two years is expected.
How do you like the new MIUI 13 software superstructure from the Chinese company Xiaomi? Is your smartphone on the list of supported devices? You can safely write your observations and opinions below in the discussion below the article. Follow our group on Facebook: Xiaomi Planet - A place for real Xiaomi fans as well as our portal Xiaomi Planet and find out more.