In recent years, we have experienced relatively large revolutions in the innovation of 5G networks. On the other hand, we should not forget about the possibilities of the 4G LTE network, thanks to which we can dramatically improve the quality of calls.
VoLTE is a technology that allows you to make calls through LTE network, instead of the voice channel GSM network. So the call is made via an Internet connection, but you do not need any data and the whole thing is free.
VoLTE calls significantly improve the quality of the transmitted audio signal during a call. Normal calls do not exceed the transfer 8 kb / with, while VoLTE technology transmits up to 13 kbps.
VoLTE calling technology as well reduces energy consumption. VoLTE combines high call quality and you will also enjoy better endurance on a single charge. Now let's see how to activate this technology on Xiaomi, Redmi and POCO devices.
Activating VoLTE calls
To activate this technology on your smartphone, follow these simple steps:
How to activate VoLTE on your smartphone:
- First you need to open the Phone application, dial the code: * # * # * # * # 86583 and a message will appear immediately VoLTE Carrier check was disabled. This activates the VoLTE calling option on your smartphone.
- Next, go to Settings> SIM card and mobile networks
- Check that the Use VoLTE item is enabled and if not, enable it with the switch. If your Xiaomi smartphone is Dual SIM, you can find VoLTE in Settings> SIM cards and mobile networks> SIM1 / SIM2.
Thanks to this, you can make voice calls in high quality via 4G LTE or WiFi network.
You must also activate VoLTE with your operator
Of course, your operator's coverage must be taken into account, and the operator must also support this feature. The VoLTE function must also be activated on your SIM card, and you can find the activation procedure on the operators' websites:
For readers from Slovakia:
- How to activate VoLTE at the Telekom operator
- How to activate VoLTE at the Orange operator
- How to activate VoLTE at the O2 operator
- How to activate VoLTE at the 4ka operator
For readers from the Czech Republic:
- How to activate VoLTE at the Vodafone operator
- How to activate VoLTE at the Telekom CZ operator
- How to activate VoLTE at the O2 CZ operator
For other interesting news not only from the world of smartphones, regularly follow our website and subscribe to the latest articles directly to your mailbox.
I can confirm the functionality on the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite phone and the 4ka operator.
Redmi 8 and even though I have everything activated, I have nothing in the menu about voting!
Great article, thanks
Thank you, it helped .. The VoLTE icon turned out nicely on the Redmi Note 8T
I have Xiaomi MI9T, I activated everything according to the procedure. I have 2 SIM cards (4ka, Orange) on 4ke VoLTE works for me without any problems, but it doesn't work on Orange at all. Can you advise me why?
I have been looking for this guide for a week now and only on your website did I find it really working. Thank you very much 😉
I have a Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC and my problem was that it didn't show me to enable voLTE on those SIM cards. I searched the internet and found that I had to type this as a phone number: * # * # 86583 # * # *. Then it worked for me. I'm also adding a link to youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_oUgd7OMtQ
Io ho uno Xiaomi Mi 11t pro e ha funzionato questo codice che hai scritto tu * # * # 86583 # * # *.
Thanks a lot!!!