It has been talked for some time about what the company did a few days ago Xiaomi presented as Game Tuner. Specifically, it is a new functionality developed together with the company Qualcomm, which allows us to configure the internal graphics card of our mobile device in great detail.
Game Tuner will please especially players
So far, we have only been able to configure certain basic parameters of our smartphone for its graphics performance in games. This changes with the advent of Game Tuner because of the mode vertical synchronization we can even adjust levels of smoothing or decrease / increase the number of frames per second.
The new functionality has been launched by Xiaomi and is currently only available to Xiaomi mi 10 ultra. Soon, however, the Game Tuner will also be introduced for the remaining Xiaomi smartphones with a processor Snapdragon 865 from Qualcomm.
Between settings Game Tuner we find the following functions:
- FPS limitation: Adjusts the number of frames per second displayed in vertical sync mode
- Resolution: This setting allows us to configure the resolution to be used. This is either 720p, ie HD, or the maximum resolution supported by the device, usually 1080p, ie Full HD.
- Anti-aliasing: allows you to adjust and smooth the edges and contours of objects, buildings, characters, etc.
- Anisotropic filter: reduces texture errors and prevents possible dizziness in racing games, such as sharp turns
- Texture filter: allows you to adjust the quality of graphics and its smoothness, regardless of what we configure in each game separately and what each of them allows us to set
Will it be for other smartphones?
Game Tuner is integrated into your own Xiaomi Game Turbo applications, which allows us to create different profiles for each specific game or application. In addition, it allows you to set automatic adjustments divided into standard mode, energy saving, balanced or high quality.
As already mentioned, this functionality is only available in Xiaomi mi 10 ultra, although it is very likely that we will see it soon in Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Pro, POCO F2 Pro and the future Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro.